Saturday, May 26, 2012

TMIKL Visit 22/5/2012


This evening, I've joined TMIKL, the original Toastmasters Club & 1st club in South East Asia. It's 34 years old, while the members did not stay for that long. It's a great club.

For your info, it's held it's held in Bankers' Club, some sort of high-end end in the middle of City Centre, the Amoda Building(opposite Berjaya Times Square).

When I walked into the Bankers Club, I was greatly impressed. I was wondering does all the top bankers meet here for a regular chat? The ambience is great.

The 1st person I met is Lim Yee Kang of Ranhill Engineering. After a hiatus of 17 months, it's refreshing to see the new & minimalist logo. There are people from ING as well (I presume they transfer their membership en-bloc to the club)

As usual, whenever there is table topic session, I would be the 1st person to present. My performance may be below par, but I still enjoy my speech.

They're doing their project speeches & they're able to maintain a chartered strength (ie: 20 members for each club).

At the end of their meeting, they have their own AGM to elect their EXCO members.